Church of the Customer Blog« And the winners are ... | Main | An animated customer experience »
May 02, 2007
And the winners are ...
Brands have launched a blizzard of citizen-created commercial contests this year, and several have recently wrapped up.
Let's look at the winners:
- Objective: Create a rap video about taxes and Intuit's TurboTax product
- Submissions: 373
- Winner: "It's just a breeze G" by cpulfer
- Comment: Pretty good. Almost too good. Plus, Vanilla Ice needs a speech therapist.
- Objective: Create a video portraying a "wanna get away" moment
- Submissions: 136
- Winner: "The Friend of My Dreams" by BrianKristopher
- Comment: Very funny winner. Southwest should have given particpants the "wanna get away" voiceover and image to embed at the end of their videos.
- Objective: Demonstrate how you would spend your "super sweet refund" this year and include the phrases "TaxCut Online" and "Super Sweet Refund."
- Submissions: 130
- Winner: Wanda Wannermaker's Super Sweet Tax Refund Fantasy
- Comment: H&R Block gets points docked for not allowing winning video to be embedded
These three contests from well-known brands generated an average of about 200 entrants. It seems the benchmark for these kind of citzen-generated contests still is the Converse Gallery with 1,800 entries.
New contests to watch:
- Heinz: Create your own Heinz Ketchup commercial
- NBA: Show the NBA your best moves
- NBC's Today Show: Create a video about why you deserve a vacation [to promote the latest "Where in the World is Matt Lauer?" series]
Other blogs that reference And the winners are ...:
Contests do seem to be in the air these days. CRS Fair Trade is proud of the winners of our Raise Money Right Fair Trade chocolate contests. We found it a good way to build buzz about our chocolate program and get us to use the internet to promote the program. As it turns out our student winner is an internet enthusiast and his website works to "flip poverty".